Sunday, May 10, 2015

Points!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I hope you're all getting spoiled and eating chocolate today!

And I hope you're ready to start kicking it in to gear tomorrow!! Here are a few things to remember to be ready:

If you haven't already, MAKE SURE you have your menu plan lined out for the week! It doesn't have to be the one I posted, but having a healthy eating plan can  make or break you! I've saved this picture to my phone so I always have it with me!
Also, be sure to create a MyFitnessPal account and play around with it a bit. If you have questions about it, ask in the FB group (I know of several seasoned MFP users in there!) or message me. 

 Now, about points. Here is how the point system is going to work:

  • 1 point per day for following the menu plan or eating healthy. This is what healthy eating looks like for YOU. If you normally drink 5 sodas a day, but you're cutting it down to one or two, give yourself a point!(7 points total/week)
  • 1 point per day for documenting in MyFitnessPal or other food diary (7 points total/week)
  • 1 point for each day you exercise at least 20 mins. up to 3 days a week. You'll see later why I'm not huge into exercise points. You can definitely exercise longer and more frequently, but the maximum number of points you can achieve from exercise is 3) (3 points total/week)
  • 1 point for each day you drink at least 64 oz (8c.) of water (7 points total per week)
  • 1 point for each weekly goal you accomplish. Try to stick to only two goals per week. Your weekly goals can be anything health related, but try not to make them something that's already covered in the point system. Try to make them something new that you feel like YOU personally need to work on.  Post them in the FB group for extra accountability and support!
    (2 points total/week)

    Maximum total weekly points: 26

It's a little confusing at first, but keeping track of your points will come second nature after a while. Let me know if you have any questions about the points!

Remember, you're in charge of keeping track of your points! If anyone wants to share how they're keeping track of theirs, please do! I usually track my in a note on my phone because I always have it with me and already use it for MFP. Every Sunday, send me a PM with your points. I'll post the top 3 point earners every Monday, and the top earner every week will get a prize! This time around, we're putting a cap on how many weekly prizes you can earn, so even if you come in 2nd or 3rd every week, you still have the opportunity for a prize!
PLEASE let me know if you feel lost AT ALL or have any questions! I really want everyone to feel ready tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment